The Scalate team is pleased to announce the availability of Scalate 1.2.
Scalate is a Scala 2.8 based template engine which can be used stand alone, with servlets or web frameworks like JAXRS, http://scalate.fusesource.org/documentation/lift.html">Lift or Play or in integration frameworks like Apache Camel.
The following template languages are supported through the same common API:
- Ssp which is like a Scala version of Velocity, JSP or Erb from Rails
- Scaml which is a Scala dialect of Haml for very DRY markup
- Mustache which is a Scala dialect of Mustache for logic-less templates which also work inside the browser using mustache.js
All expressions inside Ssp and Scaml benefit from the full power and expressiveness of Scala plus they are typesafe and checked at edit/compile time to ensure you don’t leave any mistakes in your templates.
Scalate 1.2 Highlights
- Scalate now supports the Mustache template language which is a Scala dialect of Mustache for logic-less templates which also work inside the browser using mustache.js. Support for Mustache uses the same common Scalate API so it works with all the existing Scalate adapters such as servlets, JAXRS, http://scalate.fusesource.org/documentation/lift.html">Lift or Play and Apache Camel
- Scalate is now built on top of Scala 2.8.0 final release
- Scuery for jQuery style transformation of HTML or XHTML using CSS3 selectors
- the console can be more easily reused in your application without using WAR overlays and templates can be loaded via the classloader to help make more modular web applications without relying on WAR overlays
- improvements in associating different template languages to files/URIs/strings/streams in a more flexible API
- various improvements in the accuracy of the mapping of scala compiler errors to positions in the template source file which are then shown and linked in the console
For more detail see the Full Change Log
Feedback is always welcome!