The Scalate team is pleased to announce the availability of Scalate 1.5.2
Scalate is a Scala 2.9.1 based template engine which can be used stand alone, with servlets or web frameworks like JAXRS, Lift or Play or in integration frameworks like Apache Camel.
The following template languages are supported through the same common API:
- Ssp which is like a Scala version of Velocity, JSP or Erb from Rails
- Scaml which is a Scala dialect of Haml for very DRY markup along with the
- Jade for even more DRY Scaml
- Mustache which is a Scala dialect of Mustache for logic-less templates which also work inside the browser using mustache.js
All expressions inside Ssp, Scaml and Jade benefit from the full power and expressiveness of Scala plus they are typesafe and checked at edit/compile time to ensure you don't leave any mistakes in your templates.
Scalate 1.5.2 Highlights
- Server side compilation of CoffeeScript in the :coffeescript filter - many thanks for the patch Dag!
- Provide a Scala 2.8.1 distribution of Scalate (version 1.5.2-scala_2.8.1) for easier Play integration and working with other Scala 2.8.x projects.
- Minor improvements in the use of the ScalaCompiler to make it easier to support Lifty as a plugin inside SBT - thanks for the help and welcome to the team Mads
- Fixed #260 : Scalate distro does not include all the jars required for textile support
For more detail see the Full Change Log
Feedback is always welcome!