The Scalate team is pleased to announce the availability of Scalate 1.5.3
Scalate is a Scala 2.9.1 based template engine which can be used stand alone, with servlets or web frameworks like JAXRS, Lift or Play or in integration frameworks like Apache Camel.
The following template languages are supported through the same common API:
- Ssp which is like a Scala version of Velocity, JSP or Erb from Rails
- Scaml which is a Scala dialect of Haml for very DRY markup along with the Jade syntax
- Mustache which is a Scala dialect of Mustache for logic-less templates which also work inside the browser using mustache.js
All expressions inside Ssp, Scaml and Jade benefit from the full power and expressiveness of Scala plus they are typesafe and checked at edit/compile time to ensure you don't leave any mistakes in your templates.
Scalate 1.5.3 Highlights
- Scalate now uses the Scala Presentation Compiler to boost performance of template compilation 3-10X
- Support for compiling stand alone CoffeeScript files on the server, CoffeeScript filters and various CoffeeScript related bug fixes
- A pure Java API to working with Scalate
For more detail see the Full Change Log
Feedback is always welcome!